Water softener and sediment filter drain lines

Users who are viewing this thread

Marcus12345

Reaction score
Hi—

I have an auto-backwashing sediment filter (for well water) y’d into the drain line from the water softener. My sediment filter malfunctioned and backwashed continuously for over a week (!) before we discovered it. The brine tank did not overfill. But we noticed the water now tastes different (not sure if it’s saltier or something else) TDS seems a bit higher than normal (375), but I haven’t had water tested yet. Just wondering if the constant pressure in the common drain lines could have messed up something when the softener was cycling against that high drain line pressure. Or if somehow the sediment filter medium got messed up somehow due to the constant backwashing (there seems to be the normal height of medium in the tank). Will def add check valves now…. Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks