Water leaking heavily into bowl even after replacing the valve kit

Users who are viewing this thread

Kumar81

Reaction score
hello

My toilet was leaking water around inner rim into the bowl for quite some time. Since the set was really old, i thought of replacing it with a new set all together instead of just a flapper. I replace today with Korky Complete kit. The water is leaking heavily into the bowl, to a point where the tank is filled continously as water is just draining out. When I turn off the water valve the water leaking is stopping into the bowl and water is stagnant in the tank. Not sure if there is anything i did wrong or something is broke. Please advise.

Reach4

Reaction score
When I turn off the water valve the water leaking is stopping into the bowl and water is stagnant in the tank.
How high is the water compared to the overflow at that point?

Reach4

Reaction score
Last edited:

Kumar81

Reaction score
thanks for this reference, I adjusted the height of valve but no luck. What is strange is, when water vale is shutoff, water is not leaking into the bowl even when the tank is full. As soon as i turn the water valve on water starts to get into the bowl continuously.

Reach4

Reaction score
thanks for this reference, I adjusted the height of valve but no luck. What is strange is, when water vale is shutoff, water is not leaking into the bowl even when the tank is full. As soon as i turn the water valve on water starts to get into the bowl continuously.
That would mean the fill valve is defective, or that your water pressure is much too high.
IMG_1.jpg

Which yellow letter would correspond to the water level in your tank vs your fill valve?

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Did you use the clip from the hose to the overflow tube, or push the hose into the tube? The hose MUST be kept above the tube, or it can siphon water, keeping the fill valve running.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks