Waste Line Main Trap Buildup

Users who are viewing this thread

bluefleetwood

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have a curious problem since the house was built in 2000. For the first 4 years before I discovered the problem, I would get a waste backup in the basement from the washer machine drains and slow draining through the house. Plumber comes and snakes it out when ever this occurs usually every 5-6 months. Plumber couldn't explain it or didn't want to stop the gravy train I guess.
I popped the clean-out of the house side of the trap and noticed this build up. Once it was so small a golf ball wouldn't fit through. So since then I've been scraping it away every 3 months or so. The photos attached are a 3 month buildup. Only on the house side. The septic side is always clear, no build-up. I am guessing its soap buildup....? What can be done to prevent this? Drain cleaner, enzyme, non acidic, doesn't help.

Attachments

• Drain Buildup 2.jpg
    Drain Buildup 2.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 262
  • Drain Buildup 1.jpg
    Drain Buildup 1.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 245

Reach4

Reaction score
It looks like you have water standing in your pipe. That is not normal. How deep is the water?

Reach4

Reaction score
OK . You said trap. Prior posts have said that whole house traps are not normally recommended. I forget why. I guess there is not a need and they might clog up?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks