Wall mount toilet problems

Users who are viewing this thread

RosietheRose

Reaction score
We’re replacing the ugly blue 1970s wall hung toilet in our master bath with an American Standard Glenwall. We got the old one off and the waste horn (cast iron) was sticking out too far according to the new toilet specs - 3/4” instead of 5/16”. Was thinking I would have to build the wall out to compensate until I finally got the old waste horn off (woohoo!). Can I now replace the cast iron waste horn with PVC of the correct diameter? I did a quick online search and didn’t find anything specific for “waste horn”. Thanks in advance for your guidance!

glenwall_instruction_1.jpg

RosietheRose

Reaction score
The one you have should be adjustable and screw in the amount you need, but you can use a 4" plastic nipple cut off to the required length.
This one isn’t threaded. I’ll look at it again, but pretty sure it rests against a flat surface with a rubber washer securing it and then another cast iron plate screwed on to keep it from changing position. Thanks for the info!

RosietheRose

Reaction score
The one you have should be adjustable and screw in the amount you need, but you can use a 4" plastic nipple cut off to the required length.

Checked and no threads, so I’m replacing with 4” PVC. Do I need to use plumbers grease or something on the gasket where the horn connects to the main waste drain?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks