Wall hung Aquia vs Maris; which tank; brass flush plate?

Users who are viewing this thread

tknx

Reaction score
We are about to do a wall hung toilet in our powder room. It is a bit narrow, so wall hanging makes a ton of sense in there.

Aquia vs Maris? Found some old posts when the Maris was first introduced with some concerns, but nothing recent.

Everyone seems to use Gerberit. Anything else I should consider?

Finally, does anyone make a brass flush plate? Why are they so huge anyway? Kohler makes one but I assume it is not Gerberit compatible. There is some company called Aquadomo that seems to want an insane amount of money for one

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
The Aquia is a great toilet. We have three at our beach. The Maris (and now the Neorest and MH) are I'm sure also good. But I can vouch for the Aquia. The Dual-Max system works well. I'm not as sure about the other flushes on the other products.

Geberit (no "r") wall units are the most popular. Toto makes an excellent tank as well. Pick your poison.

The flush plates are "huge" because that's how you access the tank and moving parts if you need to, say, change the fill valve, without having to cut into the wall. Lots of people actually do stuff like ceramic tile over the wall containing the tank. If you had to bust that open just to change something in the tank, it would suck. So the plate allows you to access what you need to access when the time comes. There are a lot of plates out there, with different finishes and buttons. I'm sure you can find one that you like. Here's the complete list of Geberit plates: http://www.geberitnorthamerica.com/.../toilets_2/wc_controls_3/actuator_plates.html

There are more buttons for the Sigma tank than the Omega tank.

There's a "gold" Geberit "stop and go" button, although I have to say I like the two buttons for dual-flush. Saves more water. I think the single button may not be legal in Cali.

tknx

Reaction score
Thanks. Still not sure about Maris vs Aquia though.

There are no brass plates available in the US as far as I can tell except for a $600 Aquadomo one. I might have to have one PVDed myself. Ridiculous.

tknx

Reaction score
I like the old style two button look personally. Especially since our bathroom is going to be fairly classic looking and so a more vintage look rather than weird circles or aggressively modern panels would be beneficial.

But there is no way I am spending that kind of money on a flush panel.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks