Toto S550e wall-hung bidet-toilet runs forever, but only when flushed with the push plate

Users who are viewing this thread

Rx1559

Reaction score
We have two Toto AP Washlet+ s550e wall-hung toilets. (CWT4263056CMFGA).

Normally they either flush themselves automatically, or via the remote, and the flush is fine.

Occasionally I will flush them by pushing the physical button on the push-plate, and about 75% of the time, after the flush, the tank will run forever, until I "jiggle the handle" (poke one of the buttons on the push-plate a few times) to trick closed whatever flapper mechanism the in-wall carrier uses.

Is there an adjustment I can make on the push panel, to address this issue? Or is this a symptom of something more insidious? I have never worked with these fancy toilets before so I'm at a loss here.

Thank you!

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Its been awhile but I am sure there is adjustability behind the push plate. Quarter turn to release and reverse to lock in.
The push plate is released by pushing up on the entire plate and lifting away from the bottom.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I had a special project for Toto and they sent me out all the parts for these wall plates and mentioned that shaving off some of the push rods where they sometimes interfere with the wall plate. I didn't need to shave anything as that wasn't the issue with the toilet I was dealing with so no direct knowledge of how to fix this.. but worth a look

Rx1559

Reaction score
That's very interesting, thanks for all the great input. it seems very likely that the push plate buttons could be binding. Especially since I never see the running-forever issue when the toilet is flushed electronically (via a button on the remote, or the motion sensor. The issue only presents when using the push plate buttons.

I might get the part numbers all sorted out and then give them a call, it sounds like this might be something they can hone in on and help me with much more quickly than if I just took the push plate apart and started messing around with stuff!

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
That's very interesting, thanks for all the great input. it seems very likely that the push plate buttons could be binding. Especially since I never see the running-forever issue when the toilet is flushed electronically (via a button on the remote, or the motion sensor. The issue only presents when using the push plate buttons.

I might get the part numbers all sorted out and then give them a call, it sounds like this might be something they can hone in on and help me with much more quickly than if I just took the push plate apart and started messing around with stuff!
OK.. I found the email I got which showed the potential issue. Again, this wasn't the issue with the toilet I was dealing with so I never had to address this problem. Not sure if he shaved down the red/blue pieces or the piece it was touching.

"Once you see the hook you will see the part that I shaved down, it's a little thin piece of plastic.

Trying to find better photos. I just shaved down a little because flush valve was actually resting on it."
Toto In Wall Buttons.png

austinkc1

Reaction score
We have two Toto AP Washlet+ s550e wall-hung toilets. (CWT4263056CMFGA).

Normally they either flush themselves automatically, or via the remote, and the flush is fine.

Occasionally I will flush them by pushing the physical button on the push-plate, and about 75% of the time, after the flush, the tank will run forever, until I "jiggle the handle" (poke one of the buttons on the push-plate a few times) to trick closed whatever flapper mechanism the in-wall carrier uses.

Is there an adjustment I can make on the push panel, to address this issue? Or is this a symptom of something more insidious? I have never worked with these fancy toilets before so I'm at a loss here.

Thank you!
The issue might be related to the flapper mechanism or another component within the in-wall carrier system. To address this problem, I recommend contacting Toto's customer support directly. They have a team of experts who are well-versed in their products and can provide specific guidance on how to adjust or troubleshoot the push-panel mechanism on the Toto AP Washlet+ s550e model.

When contacting Toto's customer support, it would be helpful to provide them with all the relevant details about your toilets, including the model number (CWT4263056CMFGA), and a thorough explanation of the issue you're experiencing. They may ask you additional questions to better understand the situation and provide appropriate solutions.

Regarding your request for restroom rental in Kansas City, I apologize for any confusion, but as an AI language model, I don't have real-time access to specific rental information or contact details for local rental companies. However, you can search online or check local directories to find restroom rental services in Kansas City. When contacting them, remember to inquire about their available units, pricing, delivery, setup, and pickup services to ensure they meet your requirements.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
The issue might be related to the flapper mechanism or another component within the in-wall carrier system. To address this problem, I recommend contacting Toto's customer support directly. They have a team of experts who are well-versed in their products and can provide specific guidance on how to adjust or troubleshoot the push-panel mechanism on the Toto AP Washlet+ s550e model.

When contacting Toto's customer support, it would be helpful to provide them with all the relevant details about your toilets, including the model number (CWT4263056CMFGA), and a thorough explanation of the issue you're experiencing. They may ask you additional questions to better understand the situation and provide appropriate solutions.

Regarding your request for restroom rental in Kansas City, I apologize for any confusion, but as an AI language model, I don't have real-time access to specific rental information or contact details for local rental companies. However, you can search online or check local directories to find restroom rental services in Kansas City. When contacting them, remember to inquire about their available units, pricing, delivery, setup, and pickup services to ensure they meet your requirements.
Whats the deal with the AI generated response with an ad embedded in it?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks