Replacing in-wall, wall hung toiliet w/ different water consumption

Users who are viewing this thread

FrankFont

Reaction score
I am replacing three wall hung toilets in my home and am struggling to figure out what new toilet will fit. The walls are tiled over and although I can replace some tiles I do not want to replace the wall tank. I am making the change because I want to add a toilet with bidet and I want to use a different toilet for the bidet.

The current tank is a 1.6/0.8 GPF and I'm wondering if I can get a 1.28/0.9 GPF toilet. Here are the specs:

Geberit 111.798.00.1 Duofix Concealed Tank Carrier
2 x 4″ wall stud
Dual Flush 1.6 / 0.8 GPF (6 / 3 LPF)

I want to add a Toto toilet with bidet seat. I would prefer to get the MH toilet with bidet (1.28/0.9 GPF) because I like the shape, Tornado flush and bidet option. I'm also thinking about Aquia or Maris (1.6/0.8 GPF), although I feel that they're smaller and have weaker flush (dual flush). Aquia and Maris are definitely compatible according to Geberit - for the fit and for the GPF.

When I talk with Toto, they say that the holes on the Aquia, Maris, and MH are the same. For Toto, if you use a 1.6/0.8 GPF tank with a 1.28/0.9 GPF toilet, it's fine. Talking with Geberit, they will only say what has been tested and confirmed (Aquia and Maris).

Obviously I have spent way too much time on this and would appreciate any input.
Many thanks.

ss3964spd

Reaction score
Frank, I simply used a Toto Aquia 1.6/0.8 elongated bowl with my Geberit 1.6/0.8 carrier (2X6). It flushes just fine and doesn't splash.

I, too, installed a bidet seat. A Toto, I think the C200. Love it., especially the feature that pre-wets the bowl so solids don't stick to it. It works.

As the water connection for the Geberit is concealed, and if you didn't pre-plumb for it, how are you going to supply the seat?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks