Venturi questions Shallow well. Can anyone Help me with this please! Thank You

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog. Water is life.' started by bullheadpond, Apr 8, 2021.

1. bullheadpond

bullheadpond Member

Hi,
    I have a sand point down about 17ft. I bought a Barracuda convertiibale jet pump from Menards .
    https://www.menards.com/main/plumbi...tible-jet-pump/ba94715/p-1841405562225781.htm
    upload_2021-4-8_7-22-0.png

Superior may make them for Menards.

My question is i never had a pump with this Venturi thing. It came with two of them a long one and a short one. The directions do not say which one to use for a shallow well with a sand point.
    Any ideas?

Also do i have to use the venturi with the nozzle extension or can i leave that off and just run my 1 1/4 " pipe straight into the pipe and not use the venturi and nozzle extension thing. If i use it it drops the inlet pipe size down to 1 inch? All my other pumps just had the 1 1/4 inch go right into the pump housing.
    Any disadvantage of not using the Venturi part with this pump?

Thank you

2. valveman

valveman Cary Austin Staff Member

Pump Controls Technician
    Since your water level is less than 24' you can use the shallow well configuration. Use the short venturi and attach the ejector to the front of the pump. Draw water from a single pipe attached to the sand point. You will need a check valve as close to the well as possible.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement