Venting Two Washing Machines on Single Drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Rag

Reaction score
Just wanted to check if my drainage and venting seemed ok. This is for two washing machines (standpipe) draining into a 2" drain, and each trap vented to a 1.5" vent stack. (This is for Canada if that makes a difference) I circuit vented the traps.

I haven't seen it anywhere but is this correct venting for two washing machine standpipes on a single drain?

Attachments

• IMG_0877.jpg
    IMG_0877.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 2,769
  • IMG_0878.jpg
    IMG_0878.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 1,126

Reach4

Reaction score
I am not a plumber. Is the already-vented drain from the right-hand standpipe allowed to join the trap arm of the second standpipe before that trap arm hits a vent? I don't know. But I'd bet it works great.

Rag

Reaction score
I am not a plumber. Is the already-vented drain from the right-hand standpipe allowed to join the trap arm of the second standpipe before that trap arm hits a vent? I don't know. But I'd bet it works great.

Good notice. But I don't see why not. A washing machine has a value of 1.5 fixture units. So wouldn't it be the same as have a single standpipe with a 3 fixture unit load before it hits the vent vs two 1.5 fixture unit loads?

Rag

Reaction score
I do not see a vent for the left hand trap between the trap and the connection with the other machine.

Thanks gents it seems like you are in agreement. I will get the vent in before the wye connection!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks