Vent/Waste pipe too close

Users who are viewing this thread

plex4r

Reaction score
I am confused about the shower/tub roughin in my basement.
Here is a picture: http://m.UploadEdit.com/e21/599845218.jpg

I need to run a spout for the water below the mixing valve to about 26" above the floor, but the vent appears to be in the way. The vent rises to about 40" until it 90s to join with the main stack.
Is this a common problem?
Should I just make the 90 turn in the vent closer to the floor?

Thanks for any advice.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You can combine vents, and it can go higher, but probably not lower. Code typically says 6" above the flood plane of the other fixtures nearby, and they usually figure the height of a kitchen counter +6", or 42". You can do an offset.

plex4r

Reaction score
Jim thanks for the quick reply.
Were you able to view the image? It has 2 vents joining the main vent.
They join it about 42". So from your post I assume that I can just move this T below 26" where I need to place the spout elbo to fill the tub?

plex4r

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the help Jim.
After working with it, I learned I could move the tub a few inches to the side of the riser vent so the lower spout pipe will also be on the side of the vent pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks