Vent for extended shower drain

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Seattle38, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Seattle38

Seattle38 New Member

Hi all, have a basement bath remodel going on. The following picture illustrates the existing basement bathroom drains, which are labeled. I am moving the shower drain (2") about five feet from its existing location (farther away from the vent), which consequently makes it so the original vent is over 5 feet from the new drain.

What are my options? Use the existing vent? Add a vent closer to the new shower drain and connect to vent stack? or can I use an air admittance valve closer to the new shower drain? existing.jpg

Attached Files:

2. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

Test, Don't Guess!
    You are going to have to meet code as a minimum, which will not allow either/any vent to run horizontally below the floor.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement