Vanity install

Users who are viewing this thread

Jerome8283

Reaction score
I have a half round vanity I would like to install. I also have a granite top which was fitted for it. The top and sink are attached to each other but not to the vanity yet. I also have a matching backsplash. This is my first time installing a vanity such as this and I have a few questions.

1. Should the vanity and granite top lay flat to the wall?
2. Do I attach the vanity to the wall first?
3. What do I use to glue the granite backsplash to the granite top?

Thanks in advance.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Anchor the vanity, then the top. The backsplash probably would cover any small gaps between the top and the wall. It would look best if the top was flush with the wall at the ends if you can do it. If the wall is bowed, that may not be possible. Same thing with the backsplash...granite won't bend to fit an uneven wall, but small gaps can be filled with caulk.

I use a 100% silicon adhesive/caulk to attach the couple of slabs I have to the counter as well as the backsplashes. You can use a razor blade to clean off the squeeze out at the junction leaving an invisible joint - and use an alcohol wetted finger on any areas that may need a bead. If your wall is straight, you may not need any visible caulk at the top.

Not all stone labeled granite really is, and some silicon can stain some stone. The stuff I have in my home hasn't been a problem. If you had this fabricated rather than buying a prefabed piece, check with the fabricator for their recommendation as to what to use.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks