Utility sink install in basement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
I'm adding a utility sink in my basement. To me, the best location is near the ejector basin that services the bathroom. I can easily buy an on the floor basin/pump combo and attach it to the waste pipe near the ceiling and vent stack. I wouldn't mind saving a few hundred dollars if I can do it differently. Again, I'm just asking a question to see if my thought is valid. Can I take the sink drain and attach it to the vent pipe just above the existing basin. Essentially doing a wet vent for the basin. I'd then run a vent pipe for the sink further up. Am I good go or should I just bite the bullet and spend the money on a second ejector system?

Thanks

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
You portably can use the same ejector basin for the bathroom and at the utility sink use an AAV for venting. A picture of the basin and where the location of the sink would help.

Reaction score
You portably can use the same ejector basin for the bathroom and at the utility sink use an AAV for venting. A picture of the basin and where the location of the sink would help.
Thank you for replying. I haven't purchased the sink yet. It's going to be 2 feet from the basin. Picture a typical ejector with 2 vertical pipes. Tie the sink drain into the vent pipe. That's the question I'm asking if that's OK.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
You want the vent pipe to be only the vent. Can the inlet pipe from the bathroom be teed into?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Im not sure it meets code but see no reason why it would not function well or why code wouldnt allow it also it would need to not be prohibited by the manufacture . But my gut says its fine as far as function

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
generally the pit is underground as is the piping Im thinking chances are its not approoved to tie into vent just not sure what it could hurt

Reaction score
You want the vent pipe to be only the vent. Can the inlet pipe from the bathroom be teed into?
I wish. It's in the concrete under the shower into the basin.
No. It's under the concrete. I'm looking for a cheaper, easy solution. Again, I can buy an above ground basin/pump unit and tie into the above ground pipes. I'm trying to avoid a second pump/basin 2 feet from the existing one.

Reaction score
I wish. It's in the concrete under the shower into the basin.
generally the pit is underground as is the piping Im thinking chances are its not approoved to tie into vent just not sure what it could hurt
Thanks. I don't think it would hurt or not function. I'm just thinking about when the day comes that my wife sells the house afer I'm gone and runs into problems.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Might take a little reasearch or just connect into the horrizontal that connects to pit probebly would need to chip concrete..

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I'll spend the money on another small basin. Can I tie the vents for the 2 basins together because I only have one pipe up from the basement through the roof.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks