Using fernco proflex

Users who are viewing this thread

Don Metzinger

Reaction score
I am looking for some advice on using a fernco proflex to connect in an double abs cleanout in a very old xh cast line outsdie the house. The plumb shop said the 3000-44 will fit the old cast. I checked the plastic side and it fits the abs perfect but I expect a much tighter fit to the ci which is 4 5/8' vs the 4 1/2 abs. I thought the ci side of the coupler would have been much bigger but it is a tight fit when I tried it on the abs. I think it will strech but with only 2'' of fitting on each pipe are there any tips or suggestions. I plan to use dish soap to lube the couplers. Any value in soaking it in hot water?? Any input appreciated. Thanks - Don

Don Metzinger

Reaction score
The label on these list xh cast. I wil have to call back and see if they have the 3005-44. Problem is finding a fernco in the size needed. A 3005-44 which is 4.87/4.50 would work but no one in Denver has them. Not sure how much streach the proflex has.

Seaneys

Reaction score
Use Pipe Lube

don metzinger said:
I am looking for some advice on using a fernco proflex to connect in an double abs cleanout in a very old xh cast line outsdie the house. The plumb shop said the 3000-44 will fit the old cast. I checked the plastic side and it fits the abs perfect but I expect a much tighter fit to the ci which is 4 5/8' vs the 4 1/2 abs. I thought the ci side of the coupler would have been much bigger but it is a tight fit when I tried it on the abs. I think it will strech but with only 2'' of fitting on each pipe are there any tips or suggestions. I plan to use dish soap to lube the couplers. Any value in soaking it in hot water?? Any input appreciated. Thanks - Don

I'm a DIYer....

I discovered pipe lube a few weeks ago. It works much better than dish soap.

Steve

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks