Fernco fitting leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

Jimmyjames905

Reaction score
post 17 looks ok post 19 doesn't the shower should come off the horizontal lav line looks like you are using vent 90s or medium sweep where should be long sweeps Canada might be good but still a bad way to do it
Thank you and yes I will get rid of the 90 deg on the sink (vent ) portion and use a couple of 45deg spaced apart to give it a gradual bend

Jimmyjames905

Reaction score
Probably. You are definitely going to need the dry vent at the lav (sink), so that part is correct. Then the shower drain and the WC can be wet vented by the lavatory with the connection order shown. Two details you need to get right for it to be code compliant:

1) The length of the shower trap arm, from the trap outlet to the wye where it joins the lav, is limited. It's definitely limited to one pipe diameter of fall, so at 2" and a minimum slope of 1/4" per foot, that limits it to 8' in length. Your code might have a shorter length limit; one US code does, and one doesn't, so you need to check. The fall limit applies regardless.

So you need to determine the length limit and confirm your layout complies, or reroute the lav drain and/or shower drain to make it comply.

2) Conventionally, the combined lav/shower would join the WC with a horizontal wye, i.e. each connection to the wye would be at 2% slope. You have it with an upright wye, where the WC comes in horizontally, and the lav/shower comes into the side branch at the top at 45 degrees off plumb. So you need to check your code to see if has some language that would require the wye to be horizontal.

Cheers, Wayne
Thank you Wayne I am going to post my building code as I am not used to this literature but I am basically going to run my system like in the picture in the code there is 1 run I will highlight in red that I would like to get rid of if possible ?

1406EF09-2EE4-4924-AF70-F0D00C12614E.jpeg
D672D6BC-7D00-4663-BD6A-9659C2EAEDA4.jpeg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks