Urinal at work leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

Wayne Plumpton

Reaction score
so i have a urinal at work that has the bottom part of the urinal that connects to the u bend which has snapped. some genius thought it was a good idea to put sealant around it and now once it got blocked i had to remove it and found the broken part. my question is what is the part called that connects the u bend to the urinal ? and how i properly take it apart without breaking the urinal itself.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A picture 800 pixels or less uploaded would help us.
Sometimes a pipe is connected using a spud (rubber washer and cone that snugs up)

Wayne Plumpton

Reaction score
I am not allowed to take pictures in my line of work but i have found out the guy before me has put silicone inside all the connection joints in the u bend and it is impossible now for me to take it off without breaking it, further discoveries i have made is that it probably cover in chewing gum and that the silicon is now stopping the water flow through the years of piss crystals and chewing gums. i have found some urinal pipe cleaner to try to dissolve the crystals and chewing gum but that is all i can do for now really without taking a hammer to it

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks