UPromise.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
I think I may had posted this in years prior, but, for those of you who do not know about UPromise and got small kids or even, older kids this is something great. It is simply, the best thing since indoor plumbing.

UPromise.com

It is a great site to read, and a great way to save for not only college funds, but, for a technical school. There is much to learn about this. Pass the site onto your wives to read, they will love it, if they are not aware of it. There is another association with it called, ERewards, which is a great way to make extra cash for this, too. The link is on the UPromise site. And, if you choose not to save the money into a special acct, a 529, or pay-down the school loans through AES or Sallie Mae, you can choose to have a check mailed to you and then, you can do what you want with it.

I have been doing this for my sons since, 2001 and I usually contribute 500 taxfree dollars to each son's school loans by just shopping, buying gas, or filling in a survey. Some surveys pay twenty to fifty dollars and it takes maybe 20 minutes, and no one knows what you are filling in. They ask things like what kind of car you are intersted in, or what kind of pasta sauce you use, etc... simple stuff.

I find it a great way to knock down the interest rates on their school loans. And, now, you can open a Sallie Mae, High Yielding Savings acct, and link it to UPromise and they match 10% of your earnings. A win win situation.

A great way to start saving for a young kid or even, help pay down school loans which already exist.

Check it out folks. And, if you are lucky enough, through UPromise you can send invites to family & friends, a link is there, and they can also help just by buying what they normally would buy anyways and the proceeds go to the school loans or into the 529 you set up for your kid. It is completely private, those who wish to do this like grandparents, aunts, friends, etc, can be reassured of this, no one including you or your child will ever see their information.

What a great thing this is. Truly remarkable, it still amazes me even after all these years.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks