Under Counter Lights

Users who are viewing this thread

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Installed fourteen lights for a customer last week. Twelve under the kitchen counters and two under the bar area and butler's pantry cabinet.

The customer came up with the fixtures. They are GE enbrighten LED lights. 12 inch, 18 inch, and 24 inch fixtures, with a lifetime warranty.

They have a toggle switch feature that changes the color of the light. It goes from white to medium to yellow.

I like them. They're easy to install with short screws under the cabinet. They exude quality, and being 110v, there's no transformer and other connections to deal with.

I replaced existing fluorescent fixtures, and the wiring was in all the right places

The halogen squares and hockey pucks can just fall by the wayside as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
06894975-3658-4B4E-A282-6B4405BF6FEE.jpeg
About a year ago I changed mind to these led tape lights by Armacost. They’re 12volt. I was able to remove the ac cord from the power supply and direct wire it. The led tape is a 3m stick tape that you peel off and it can take a fairly good bend. I used 2-8foot lengths and I already had it wired for two drivers. The tape can easily be cut to length. It gives off quite a lot of light and being 2800k it’s not hard on the eyes as some bright white colors can be.

8.2 ft. Soft White LED Tape Light
https://homedepot.app.link/NBRKZwTVQK

Added the picture from an iPhone. Not easy.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
They're good. I illuminated my mother's china cabinet that she bought in a second-hand store in Atlanta in the early nineteen forties. The transformer is stuck on the back of the cabinet like a tick. Working good for several years, now.

Did one for a customer in their kitchen cabinets, maybe four years ago. Worked out good, but again, I had to solder wires on to the strips to make my connections and to turn corners.

They didn't consult anyone who might conceivably ever have to install this system.

Looks like they're relegated to the dust bin of history. They really don't stick that good.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks