ultramax dirty bowl

Users who are viewing this thread

CattleDog

Reaction score
Hello--

I recently purchased and installed a round bowl Toto Ultramax. As I expected from reading this forum, the flushing performance is very good. My issue is with residual bits of fecal matter sticking to the side of the bowl. It would appear that because of the "suction" flush with the majority of tank flow injected into the trap rather than into the bowl any bits of matter hittting or blown onto the side of the bowl rather than dropping into the water are not well cleared. There is some flow down the side of bowl during flush, and the water spot is the correct size. The toilet appears to be working as designed.

Previous toilets I have owned, both high and low flow, seemed to direct the primary flush flow into the bowl and had better side clearing action. Perhaps the bowl emptying flush performance was not as good, but the side cleaning performance was better.

Does anyone have any advice on how to improve the perfomance of the ultramax? Will CEFIONTECT improve the side cleaning performance during the flush? Is there another model or brand of toilet with better clearing action on the sidewalls above the water spot but still has good bowl emptying? What about models with a higher/larger water spot?

Thanks for any advice.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Have you tried Chlorox toilet bowl cleaner with Teflon? Terry has a thread on this below. I haven't tried it myself, but certainly would run out and buy some if I were in your shoes.

Last edited:

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
You beat me to it Steve. I've been using Clorox with Teflon as recommended by Terry for a week now. It just might turn your sticky situation into the desired slippery situation. My money is betting it will
largely solve the problem.

Let us know if you try it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks