Tying into 4” Vertical Drain

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by VTMike24, Feb 15, 2020.

1. VTMike24

VTMike24 New Member

Looking for feedback on my plan to tie a 2” drain for a washer/sink into my existing 4” drain.

I am thinking about adding a 4x2” sanitary tee just above the slab, then adding a 4” wye back in above the tee. This would allow me to keep the p trap for the washer between 6-18” off the ground. If I cut off the current wye, there would be about 2” of stub above the slab.

The washer will be located just around the corner from the main drain (on the right in the picture).

Thoughts?

[​IMG]

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    Just make sure you are venting the new sink to prevent siphoning of the p-trap.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. VTMike24

VTMike24 New Member

Thanks, Terry. I will be.