Twin Ell with Mounting Ears

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Tuttles Revenge, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Tuttles Revenge

Tuttles Revenge In the Trades

Anyone know of a Twin Ell with mounting tabs? I've got a shower design that has a single outlet of the mixer down to a diverting tub spout. And twin ells dont have a method of mounting besides strap. Or some other Kluge.

Or can I just replace a twin ell with a drop ear tee. Use the threads for the the tub spout.. then down and back up on the soldered portion of the tee..

Or any other method I'm not thinking of?

Twin Ell Alternative.png

2. Mr tee

Mr tee In the Trades

You want to use the twin ell. If you drop down with a solid pipe (brass would be best) the tee will be pretty solid and you can strap the pipe. If you use the tee you will have water coming out of the shower head when you use the tub filler.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

I think this/these, which matches your picture right-hand side:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
  5. fitter30

fitter30 Well-Known Member

Retired service tech
    Short piece of unistrut, ell bracket and two pipe clamps

6. Tuttles Revenge

Tuttles Revenge In the Trades

If only it were that easy.. Someone was complaining about the hot and cold coming up through the bottom... I'm complaining that the mixed water all comes out the top.
    [​IMG]

I think it will be easier to find a non diverter spout and set up their valve for 2 way like the valve is designed for..