Tub spout diverter sprays

Users who are viewing this thread

RJ.

Reaction score
Hi, this is a minor issue. Our tub spout diverter doesn't work well; some water spews sideways out of the spout, instead of going up to the showerhead. There's no set screw on the bottom of the spout. I'm not sure of the brand but there's a lot of Pegasus in this house.
I see videos of people prying the diverter out and replacing. Is that the way to go here? (This part looks similar though not exactly like the part in video.) Or should I unscrew this spout, and screw on a replacement spout? or might it be a different size or connection? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_3968.JPG
    IMG_3968.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_3969.JPG
    IMG_3969.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_3971.JPG
    IMG_3971.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

RJ.

Reaction score
Thanks Terry, you were correct 1/2" threaded, replaced with new Kohler spout, it howled a couple times haha but works great now.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks