Trying to find replacement faucets in rubbed bronze finish for 1960s bathtub

Users who are viewing this thread

Wendy Marquez

New Member
Reaction score
I just bought a studio apartment in a New York City co-op with original 1960s plumbing.

Because it's a co-op, I am currently limited to the work I can do in my bathroom.... and I am desperately trying to find replacement pieces for everything pictured here -- but in a rubbed bronze finish.

I think I have found a shower pipe that will work....and I possibly might have found a tub spout...but I am still having quite a challenge in finding the 3 faucets, the overflow faceplate with attached chain and the drain trim.

The handyman in my building is helping me. He is extremely kind and very knowledgeable about a lot of things related to plumbing.

But since these fixtures are so old, it is definitely a challenge to find new versions in rubbed bronze that can simply be installed in place of the existing ones (as I am not approved at this time to break into the wall and change the plumbing itself)

I am overjoyed to have found this forum and figured it was worth a try to share my question.

If I can't find the replacements for all of these, I'm gonna replace what I can -- one by one -- and then I am researching how to spray paint the remaining fixtures to rubbed bronze.

Thank you in advance for any help at all that you can provide

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks