Toto Vespin II or Kohler Cimarron?

Users who are viewing this thread

tarnator

Reaction score
I need 4 toilets for a new house and have narrowed it down to these 2 based on wanting a skirted base, elongated seat, and a lever not a button.

These 2 seem to fit the bill, but I have never used one in real life, so I am looking to see if anyone has any real world experience? Quiet? Reliable? Easy to clean?

Thanks!

Reach4

Reaction score
Cimarron is not skirted. Not all Kohler Cimarrons are skirted. These are the skirted Kohler offerings.

https://www.us.kohler.com/us/browse/bathroom-toilets/_/N-2569Z1z11va3Z1z123eh

I have the Toto Vespin II. It flushes well and reliably. Its main attraction for me was that the Unfit adapted well to my rough-in. I would not say it is quiet, nor would I call it noisy. It is a little noisier than the old toilet that it replaced, but I only noticed the difference in the first week or so. I think the all-ceramic toilets are probably a little quieter.

Last edited:

tarnator

Reaction score
I thought 'skirted' meant concealed p-trap - or whatever the back of the toilet base was! Need to brush up on terminology, i guess. Well, whatever the Cimarron is, looks OK to me.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
When it comes to quality, I prefer Toto to Kohler. Note, the list prices of any of these will be higher than what most places charge. The Vespin (all of the 'II' models) use a neater flush and bowl cleaning
Vespin II.jpg

Cimmarron.jpg

The Toto Vespin has smooth sides (skirted)...the Cimarron does not so could gather more dust and stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

tarnator

Reaction score
This is so weird....

This is the image of the Cimarron that I have - definitely skirted in this image. Is this new?
Category_Template

K-5310

tresham-1-adapter-7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Reaction score
You're right...it is confusing since Kohler shows a bunch of Cimarron toilets...the one I included is one that is (or was?) available for a long time...I just didn't scroll down far enough. I still think the Toto is a better toilet.

Jadnashua

Reaction score
FWIW, with the right tools, drilling those four holes for the Unifit adapter adds maybe 15-minutes to the job. I still think the Toto is a better toilet.

Reach4

Reaction score
FWIW, with the right tools, drilling those four holes for the Unifit adapter adds maybe 15-minutes to the job. I still think the Toto is a better toilet.
Clearly you were much much faster than I was. And I only had ceramic. If it was porcelain, it would have been much harder still.

Jadnashua

Reaction score
A good diamond bit and that's about what it takes on porcelain. Quicker on many stones, and softer ceramics, and almost no time if it's just vinyl as you may not even need a pilot hole there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks