Toto Vespin II or Kohler Cimarron?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by tarnator, Nov 26, 2017.

1. tarnator

tarnator New Member

I need 4 toilets for a new house and have narrowed it down to these 2 based on wanting a skirted base, elongated seat, and a lever not a button.

These 2 seem to fit the bill, but I have never used one in real life, so I am looking to see if anyone has any real world experience? Quiet? Reliable? Easy to clean?

Thanks!

2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Cimarron is not skirted. Not all Kohler Cimarrons are skirted. These are the skirted Kohler offerings.

https://www.us.kohler.com/us/browse/bathroom-toilets/_/N-2569Z1z11va3Z1z123eh

I have the Toto Vespin II. It flushes well and reliably. Its main attraction for me was that the Unfit adapted well to my rough-in. I would not say it is quiet, nor would I call it noisy. It is a little noisier than the old toilet that it replaced, but I only noticed the difference in the first week or so. I think the all-ceramic toilets are probably a little quieter.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. tarnator

tarnator New Member

I thought 'skirted' meant concealed p-trap - or whatever the back of the toilet base was! Need to brush up on terminology, i guess. Well, whatever the Cimarron is, looks OK to me.

5. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    When it comes to quality, I prefer Toto to Kohler. Note, the list prices of any of these will be higher than what most places charge. The Vespin (all of the 'II' models) use a neater flush and bowl cleaning

Vespin II.jpg
    Cimmarron.jpg

The Toto Vespin has smooth sides (skirted)...the Cimarron does not so could gather more dust and stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2017
  6. tarnator

tarnator New Member

This is so weird....

This is the image of the Cimarron that I have - definitely skirted in this image. Is this new?
    [​IMG]

K-5310

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2017
  7. jadnashua

You're right...it is confusing since Kohler shows a bunch of Cimarron toilets...the one I included is one that is (or was?) available for a long time...I just didn't scroll down far enough. I still think the Toto is a better toilet.

8. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

That system does not require drilling the extra 4 holes that the Vespin II Unifit needs, for a 12 inch rough-in.

9. jadnashua

FWIW, with the right tools, drilling those four holes for the Unifit adapter adds maybe 15-minutes to the job. I still think the Toto is a better toilet.

10. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Clearly you were much much faster than I was. And I only had ceramic. If it was porcelain, it would have been much harder still.

11. jadnashua

A good diamond bit and that's about what it takes on porcelain. Quicker on many stones, and softer ceramics, and almost no time if it's just vinyl as you may not even need a pilot hole there.