TOTO toilet recommendation

Users who are viewing this thread

idang975

Reaction score
Hi there! I am currently looking for a TOTO skirted toilet that is elongated. From what I understand, my options are the Aquia IV, Nexus, Carlyle II and the Vespin? Looking around I can find them for around $400-$600. Just trying to get the most bang for my buck. I want something that's elongated, tornado flush and with cefiontech. Looking to add the Washlet from costco right now so I'm not too sure if that would influence my choice.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Performance wise they are all very good. The Nexus, Carlyle and Vespin are very similar with the sweeping trapway and the rinse that swirls down from the top of the bowl. They also have the low siphon jet that starts the flush action.

Water surface
Nexus 642, 6-5/8" x 9-1/8"
Nexus 442, 6-5/8" x 9-1/8"
Carlyle 614, 6-7/8" x 9-3/4"
Vespin 474, 6-7/8" x 9-3/4"

Water surface
Aquia 436, 7" x 5"
Aquia 646, 7" x 5"

The Aquia IV series is a dual flush with a washdown bowl, the rinse starts from the top and swirls down. A smaller water surface than the bowls that use a siphon jet as part of the flush action.

I've installed all of these, you're mainly picking based on the style you're looking for.

OxMode

Reaction score
Performance wise they are all very good. The Nexus, Carlyle and Vespin are very similar with the sweeping trapway and the rinse that swirls down from the top of the bowl. They also have the low siphon jet that starts the flush action.

Water surface
Nexus 642, 6-5/8" x 9-1/8"
Nexus 442, 6-5/8" x 9-1/8"
Carlyle 614, 6-7/8" x 9-3/4"
Vespin 474, 6-7/8" x 9-3/4"

Water surface
Aquia 436, 7" x 5"
Aquia 646, 7" x 5"

The Aquia IV series is a dual flush with a washdown bowl, the rinse starts from the top and swirls down. A smaller water surface than the bowls that use a siphon jet as part of the flush action.

I've installed all of these, you're mainly picking based on the style you're looking for.
Have you heard improved reviews about the Aqcuia's "sticking" with the larger water surface than the previous model? I'm interested in the Aquia purely on the size. But given it'll be in a downstairs half bath I'd prefer to avoid the risk of obvious streaking for guests to have to manage with the brush.
Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks