Toto ST743e and SS113 seat questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Amtrak23

Reaction score
I just opened the tank for the 743e and noticed two small dings on the inside edge of the tank. Will these pose a problem going forward, such as weakening the tank and causing it to crack prematurely or will it be ok. I'm very surprised that these weren't noticed when it was coming out of the factory.
dinged tank.jpg

I'm also curious about the design of the seat I just received. All pics on the net show a different hinge area then what I received, yet the box has the correct model number. Did they change the design at some point on this seat? I'm not real happy with the quality of the seat either. It seems very lose and has a lot of play side to side.
seat2.jpg
seat.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
There is some movement in the hinges. And yes, every so often the design changes a little bit.
We sell a lot of the seats, they help to sell the bowls. Do I notice the movement when I use the bowl? Not really.
When seated, you press the seat down and it stays there. Of course you can wiggle your butt around if you want to.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
It appears to me that when the clay was still wet, something brushed or touched the tank. Since the marks are on the inside, they will not show and will not compromise the tank structure.

Amtrak23

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. Will commence with install today!

When did they discontinue the design that they have pictured everywhere? I specifically bought it because of the clean lines and how it looked. I understand minor design changes but this is quite drastic, especially considering they haven't bothered to update the pics anywhere.

What I thought I was getting:
seat3.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks