Toto Soiree fill valve runs continuously...almost

Users who are viewing this thread

Tojo

Reaction score
I have a Toto Soiree which was installed about 15 months ago. Within the last 4 months it seems to have developed a condition in which there is a sound of water trickling within the blue type-B fill valve almost constantly. There doesn't however appear to be any water running into the tank or down the fill-tube to the bowl as a result of this trickling water noise. The one exception to the constant running is that the sound of the water stops when another water valve is opened, such as the bathroom faucet. The trickling noise will begin once again 10 - 15 seconds after the valve for the other water use has been closed. Is there any way to adjust this fill valve to stop this from occuring or does it need to be replaced?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If something isn't leaking, the valve wouldn't run. If it is running, and not overflowing, it isn't the valve. Shut the water off, leave it overnight and I'll bet the tank is empty or at least down in the morning. If so, the flapper valve needs to be replaced. Depending on your water conditions (and using a cleaner in the tank will kill the rubber parts quickly), a flapper can last anywhere from months to many years. the higher the chlorine content, the shorter it will last.

CarlH

Reaction score
I suspect you have high water pressure and failed PRV (pressure reducing valve). Since the problem stops when you open another outlet and then returns some time after closing all outlets make me think that the PRV is letting the pressure creep up when all outlets are closed. It might me a good idea to check your water pressure. If you want to check it yourself, you can check your local hardware store, plumbing supply, or big box home improvement store for a pressure gauge. It should be able to attach to a hose bib or water heater and will look something like this:
http://www.watts.com/pages/_products_details.asp?pid=647

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks