Toto for 10" rough in?

Users who are viewing this thread

diwatson

Reaction score
We are faced with the dilema of an 11 1/4" rough in from wall. Prior toilet (Gerber) was a 12" with no space against wall installed by builder & plumber. We are now replacing old toilet & looking at the 10" rough in Toto toilets. Toto does seem to have the most variety of styles for a 10". I would like to know if anyone has used the 10" unifit on a 12" Toto without any problems. Can the unifit be used with a cast iron waste pipe? Thank You for any responses.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Almost any Toto can be installed at 11-1/4" from the wall.
You don't need a 10" in your situation.

The Drake only needs 10-7/8" and installs like any other toilet.

Your other questions:
Cast iron drains are fine.
Toilets that use a Unifit, like the Vespin, Carlyle, Soiree and others can use the 12" that comes with the toilet, or replace that with a 10" or 14"
Performance is the same either way.

Below is a toilet that does use the Unifit adapter.
The one pictured is the Toto Carlyle.

unifit_1.jpg

In the Seattle area, I'm bringing in some 10" Toto Drake toilets.
They only need 9-1/4" to install.

CST744EF.10 or CST744SF.10

Comfort height, elongated bowl with either the 1.28 gallon Watersense Eco Flush
or the 1.6 gallon G-Max flush.
https://terrylove.com/pdf/cst744ef.10.pdf

TOTO now has a 10" dual flush at the factory.
I'm bringing some here for the Seattle area.
CST412MF.10

cst474_side.jpg

Toto Vespin II CST474CEFG with SS114 Softclose seat.
This bowl was installed on a 13-1/2" rough-in using the 14" Unifit adapter.
The water shutoff can be as close as 5-1/2" to the left of center, unless it's higher off the floor, and then it can be even closer to center.
This shutoff had been replaced with a new 1/4 turn valve with brass nipple through the wall.
Installation was by James Love of Love Plumbing & Remodel 206-949-5683
In some of the older Seattle homes, the old toilets had been wall mounted tank toilets.
Those typically are 14" rough-in and need a flange repair to use standard closet bolt connections at the flange.
Everything is on the truck for that.
The Vespin comes with a standard 12" adapter or you can order a 10" or 14" adapter depending on your rough-in distance.​

Last edited:

diwatson

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response but, we had already gone to Toto retailer. Unfortunately the sales rep did not make us aware that most Totos would fit on our rough in. I really wanted the Aquia or Nexus but purchased the Soiree because of it's rough in options, the style & the cyclone flushing. The 12" Aquia specs. show a 1/4 inch space between the wall & back of toilet. Would this toilet fit on our 11 1/4 inch rough in or is it one that wouldn't? What about the Nexus? Soiree can be exchanged as it hasn't been delivered yet. Thanks

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
No the Aquia won't fit, they are coming out with a 10" but won't be for a while.
Nexus is not available in a 10" rough-in, but the 12" can be pushed into a 11-1/4" rough-in.
I have three Soiree's at home and love them.

diwatson

Reaction score
I think we're best off to stay with the Soiree. We have absolutely no luck & would probably run into some type of problem trying to push in the Nexus. Since we started the bathroom remodel we've not had one thing go right. We're definate candidates for "renovation nightmares" :eek:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks