Toto Drake toilet product review

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Reader Review, Jan 27, 2006.

1. FlushedAndClogged

FlushedAndClogged New Member

Has anyone had an opportunity to compare Toto Drake and Ultramax II in actual household use? I would be very interested in reading which one does a better job or what are practical differences, particularly in flushing performance.

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    The trapways are the same, flush valve the same, a little difference in height of the water stored in the tanks.
    For that reason, the two-piece holds a very slight edge. I prefer the one-piece Ultramax. They all flush very well.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  3. psale

psale New Member

Hi Terry,
    Can the user adjust the float valve height in the UltraMax II, allowing more water to flow into the UltraMax II reservoir? I was thinking such an adjustment might even out the slight edge in "flush power" that the Toto Drake has over the UltraMax II.

4. Terry

Plumber
    You mean the overflow height?
    Frankly I don't see the need. They work fine. Some of the earlier MS854114 Ultimate models I installed were rated at 325 grams, using the low water height and they worked just fine. I installed three in a church I go to, and they have been stellar.

5. Terry

Plumber
    [​IMG]

Putting a TOTO Drake together in Black (51)

[​IMG]

Almost done.

[​IMG]

Ready for some clear caulking at the floor. I like taking the pictures before I do that. The caulking I use goes on white and dries clear by the morning.

[​IMG]

Okay, why not a white one in the other bathroom. Sure.

6. Terry

Plumber
    [​IMG]

I like the picture over this installation of a CST744SL with softclose.

[​IMG]

And this one got the C100 Washlet. SW2034-01

[​IMG]

TOTO SW2034#01 C100 WASHLET Electronic Bidet Toilet Seat, Elongated, Cotton White

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  7. Terry

Plumber
    [​IMG]

I installed three more of these, CST744SL in Seattle today. These have the new tower flush valves.

8. Terry

Plumber
    [​IMG]

TOTO CST743E-01
    Once more that I installed yesterday in Redmond.
    The Drake by TOTO is a workhorse.

9. Terry

Plumber
    [​IMG]

This CST744EG installed in Bellevue, same neighborhood as the homes I built in 1985 across the street.

10. Terry

Plumber
    The Drake CST744ER with the right hand tank lever. An older 1906 Seattle home, in the basement and rough plumbed right against the wall to the left. Replaced the leaking shutoff valve in the corner while I had the old toilet out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  11. Terry

Plumber
    [​IMG]

Installed Thursday in Bothell this week. Pulled out a Mansfield 160 that came with the house.
    A nice upgrade for the kids in the home.

12. wwhitney

wwhitney Well-Known Member

So the CST744EG looks like a great 1.28 gpf toilet. Are any of the Toto dual flush 1.28/0.8 or 1.28/0.9 gpf tanks compatible with the C744EG bowl? Compatible in the sense that the tank mounts OK and will work. I'm thinking that even if the C744EG bowl wasn't designed to empty with 0.8 gallons, it would work fine for liquids (could be wrong, in which case this would be a bad idea).

Thanks, Wayne

13. Jeff H Young

Jeff H Young In the Trades

nice work ! those totos flying off the shelves up in the PNW! I have Toto in my 2002 home even those were good

14. Terry

Plumber
    The dual flush CST746 tank and bowl are totally different than the CST744 series. Not match at all. Different flush valve sizing and other factors too.