Toto Clayton - Refill noisy

Users who are viewing this thread

STurner

Reaction score
I have recently installed a new Toto Clayton, which is a fantastic performing toilet on the flush, but seems to be rather loud when refilling the tank afterward. This is my first Toto - I didn't know if this was a common trait to their toilets? It refills very fast, just seems noisy during most of the refill process, with about the final 5-7 seconds being much quieter. Any input appreciated.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Depending on when and where the toilet actually gets made, they can source a variety of fill/flush valves in any particular toilet model. Mine have the Toto branded Korky Quietfill valves in them, and the actual fill process seems very quiet. So, maybe a picture of what's in yours would help. It may be normal with that fill valve. NOte, some of the noise will vary depending on your water pressure. Generally, you leave the shutoff at the wall fully opened, but you can at least adjust the volume (not ultimate pressure) down a little to see if that makes any difference. In most cases, it isn't a big deal if it takes a few more seconds refilling the tank and bowl if you shut the valve down some. Less volume, less energy, often, less noise. To keep the fast refill may require a different valve in the toilet. It doesn't cost anything to turn that valve down a little to see if it helps.

STurner

Reaction score
Thanks so much - I tried the valve adjustment - this changed the refill sound but was still loud. Here is a pic of the unit:
upload_2017-11-26_7-45-32.jpeg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks