Toto Clayton - Refill noisy

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by STurner, Nov 25, 2017.

1. STurner

STurner New Member

I have recently installed a new Toto Clayton, which is a fantastic performing toilet on the flush, but seems to be rather loud when refilling the tank afterward. This is my first Toto - I didn't know if this was a common trait to their toilets? It refills very fast, just seems noisy during most of the refill process, with about the final 5-7 seconds being much quieter. Any input appreciated.

2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    Depending on when and where the toilet actually gets made, they can source a variety of fill/flush valves in any particular toilet model. Mine have the Toto branded Korky Quietfill valves in them, and the actual fill process seems very quiet. So, maybe a picture of what's in yours would help. It may be normal with that fill valve. NOte, some of the noise will vary depending on your water pressure. Generally, you leave the shutoff at the wall fully opened, but you can at least adjust the volume (not ultimate pressure) down a little to see if that makes any difference. In most cases, it isn't a big deal if it takes a few more seconds refilling the tank and bowl if you shut the valve down some. Less volume, less energy, often, less noise. To keep the fast refill may require a different valve in the toilet. It doesn't cost anything to turn that valve down a little to see if it helps.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. STurner

STurner New Member

Thanks so much - I tried the valve adjustment - this changed the refill sound but was still loud. Here is a pic of the unit:
    upload_2017-11-26_7-45-32.jpeg