Toto ADA and Univeral height

Users who are viewing this thread

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
I was confused about Toto's difference "F" Universal Height and "L" ADA.

Toto shows the handicapped symbol with most of the "F" toilets which means Handicapped height which is ADA.

It seems if you use the 16-1/8" "F" bowls with Toto's soft close seat it brings the bowl up to 17-1/2" in height and this will meet the ADA (17-19")code.

I was telling customers they would not pass ADA but i guess i was wrong.

Did anyone else know this ?
Just wanted to share with everyone else.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That is why I have always advertised the 16-1/8" as ADA.
When you add the seat, it gets there.

Lately Toto has come out with some spec sheets for the Aquia that show them with the seats attached when the height is measured.

Of course then I get into arguments with some very technical people that don't read sloooooooooowwwwwwwwww enough to understand what they have read, but take the time to write me continuous emails explaining how it all works, all without ever seeing the product. When I explain that I have installed hundreds, it doesn't seem to matter.
All because they can't understand the page they are looking at.
The Toto page needs to be written so that even an engineer can understand. it.
Even when I worked in the bicycle shop, the engineers were the hardest ones to teach. I used to make them wait in the showroom so they wouldn't bother me.

Toto's ADA is 3/8" of an inch taller than their 16-1/8" universal height, but either will meet ADA code when the seat is added.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks