Toilet is difficult to flush

Users who are viewing this thread

imaginethat

Reaction score
My toilet takes 4 times to flush even with just urine and no toilet paper. The plumber took off the toilet and cleaned the line. He says if that doesn't work I could try getting a new non low flow toilet.

It's a Western brand toilet, only 5 years old. I'm the only one using it so I know nothing has fallen in. The other Western toilet in my house works fine.

Is this really my only alternative?

Fitter30

Reaction score
Pour 4- 5 gallons of water in the bowl fast see how it flushes. That will tell you if the problems piping or tank and the holes under the lip.

Peterson

Reaction score
Maybe the siphon jet at the bottom of the bowl is plugged up with lime/minerals? If that happens, many toilets will not siphon out. Take a small screw driver and poke around in the jet and scrape out any minerals that might have built up in there.

BECplumbing

Plumbing Apprentice
Reaction score
My toilet takes 4 times to flush even with just urine and no toilet paper. The plumber took off the toilet and cleaned the line. He says if that doesn't work I could try getting a new non low flow toilet.

It's a Western brand toilet, only 5 years old. I'm the only one using it so I know nothing has fallen in. The other Western toilet in my house works fine.

Is this really my only alternative?
The siphon jet could be clogged up. You need to take a small screwdriver or a coat hanger and poke around the jet and unclog it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks