Toilet Flapper Valve won't fit

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Jim Miesner, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Jim Miesner

Jim Miesner New Member

Hi,

Toilet keeps running. I replaced the stopper twice and the next step is to replace the Flapper Valve, but it won't fit this tank.

Any suggestions? I'm getting tired of this constantly running. It's the bane of my existence. Please help!

Jim

2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

If you shut off the supply to the tank, where does the tank water level settle?

Also, do you have a plunger near the toilet? If so, you might want to just swap out the toilet. The new ones not only use less water, but they flush better. Rarely need a plunger. So don't commit effort to a toilet that is not really good after the symptom is fixed.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Jim Miesner

Jim Miesner New Member

So I've had the toilet shut off about 12 hours and there is still five inches of water in it (see image), which I didn't expect. Is it possible it could somehow be leaking through the float?

5. johnjh2o1

johnjh2o1 Plumbing Contractor for 49 years

Retired
    The refill tube is pushed too far down the overflow causing the water in the tank to siphon.