Toilet Drain/sewage erratic.

Users who are viewing this thread

pamplemouse

Reaction score
On the side of my toilet there is an inlet to access the sewage pipe if blocked. Lately, when I flash the toilet the water rises up to the ream in the bowl and slowly goes down like if there is a blockage. I purchased a hand held eel from Bunnings and inserted the 7,5m long eel in the inlet on the side of the bowl.

When I flushed the toilet with the outlet open to air, the water evacuates normally but if I seal the outlet the water raises up again to the ream and slowly goes down. Also when the outlet is open there is a big gasp of air coming out of this outlet while the water flashes down and then after few seconds a kind of blob like a air bubble coming up to the surface.

Do I have a blockage along the sewage pipe? And if so, why does it flush without problem when the side outlet is open to air?

Any help would be appreciated.

Reach4

Reaction score
Along those lines, I suspect that if you flushed several times in a row, with your cleanout open, then you would find you have a problem. Do be ready to manually close the flapper if you see water rising in the cleanout port.

Also, a garden hose directed into the cleanout port could be a good diagnostic, or maybe it would even move your clog along.

The idea of a cleanout port on a toilet is interesting.

pamplemouse

Reaction score
Thank you for your replies and suggestions. I tried what Reach4 suggested by putting the garden hose directly into the cleanout hole and flushed at the same time and .... it works. Thank you. Sometime the simplest and the obvious is not necessary the obvious. Thanks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks