Toilet blockage: New Trick

Users who are viewing this thread

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Customer added on a clogging toilet issue this week. I skipped over the usual auger and plunger show and pulled the toilet up. Flipped over on it's side I could just barely see something up in there from the bottom, black and about the size of a pencil. I was able to dislodge it but made no further progress in actually removing the thing. So, I ran my lavatory snake down through the trap and out through the bottom . Took a 10x10 terrycloth rag and screwed it onto the end and pulled it back out. No dice. Ran it back in and hooked it back on the end then doubled the rag over and screwed the opposite corner onto the snake, then pulled it out. The offending item came right out along with a few other unexpected surprises. Broken piece of a cheap plastic coat hanger about six inches long.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I get a rope through the toilet and tie a 1/2" galvanized 45 in the middle, then pull it out, if it doesn't come the first time use the rope to pull the 45 back and try again. I once had to extract a can of camphor, (about the size of a can of snuff), from the toilet. the can was rusted and full of holes so it had been in the toilet for a long, long time.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks