Temporary toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Mar3232

Reaction score
I know you guys will probably give me a hard time for what I want to do but my money is zilch and I need to remodel my large garage for a nice living area for my 83 year old Mother. She may only be around for another year or 2 at the most.

All she needs is one sink and a toilet and I thought about a water tank (inside) that I could fill and have a pump and pressure tank on it. Bringing water to the garage from my house is something I don't have the money for right now.

Then, what I really want to do is get a toilet with a rear exit (don't really know how those work by the way), so I don't have to raise it above the concrete floor and simply send the waste outside the wall into a holding tank that could be pumped by the septic guy. ? Again -- this is just temporary ! I realize it isn't code but I have to try and figure this out one way or another. Thought of a composting toilet but too pricey.

Any thoughts? Would the holding tank thing be alright? What kind of plastic would work? I know winter is coming but if I got one that's big enough, maybe freezing would be ok as I could wait till Spring to pump it?

-- thanks for any help

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
You can get a portable bedside commode, and throw away the bad after use. Very common device for the elderly. There is no water in it, only a plastic bag.
One brand is Drive medical.
Dealing with a sink and shower substitute is another issue.

Flapper

Reaction score
How far is the house and garage?
PVC pipe is cheap so for the price of a water tank... you can just connect it to your house...

Mar3232

Reaction score
Doesn't sound like that to me.

Actually -- this isn't fun and a sensitive issue. S thanks anyway.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks