Tapping kitchen sink water supply for exterior hose spigot

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Rick Harris, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Rick Harris

Rick Harris New Member

Hey all,

The 1/2 copper has shut off with 3/8 compression that navigates through the filter to the faucet. I would like 1/2 flow to the water hose spigot and 3/8 to the filter/faucet. I'm thinking both should have a shut off but am open to other recommendations. The water hose pipe has to rise 5" vertically and 50" horizontal from current shutoff, through a concrete block wall with plywood sheathing and vinyl siding. I'm interested in connection methods other than sweating copper pipe (I've never done it). Open to being schooled.

Thanks,

Rick

2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

You normally don't want to feed softened water to the outside spigot for irrigation.

You normally don't want the outside spigot water to go through the cartridge filter. I think you know you are taking a shortcut.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Marlinman

Marlinman In the Trades

Add a "Add-A-Tee" to your existing supply valve. At this part you can use a "Add-A-Stop". This would give the a independent stop for the hose valve.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Tughillrzr

Tughillrzr In the Trades

no mention of a softener ? It is before inline fixture filter so that’s good.
    Construction of floor ? slab /crawlspace ?
    sounds like slab and block wall.
    So if no other way use add a tee fitting like above .

6. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    You can also pick up a 1/2" Sharkbite tee and add shutoffs after that, keeping 3/8" for the filter and 1/2" to the hosebib.