Tapping kitchen sink water supply for exterior hose spigot

Users who are viewing this thread

Rick Harris

Reaction score
Hey all,

The 1/2 copper has shut off with 3/8 compression that navigates through the filter to the faucet. I would like 1/2 flow to the water hose spigot and 3/8 to the filter/faucet. I'm thinking both should have a shut off but am open to other recommendations. The water hose pipe has to rise 5" vertically and 50" horizontal from current shutoff, through a concrete block wall with plywood sheathing and vinyl siding. I'm interested in connection methods other than sweating copper pipe (I've never done it). Open to being schooled.

Thanks,

Rick

Reach4

Reaction score
You normally don't want to feed softened water to the outside spigot for irrigation.

You normally don't want the outside spigot water to go through the cartridge filter. I think you know you are taking a shortcut.

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Add a "Add-A-Tee" to your existing supply valve. At this part you can use a "Add-A-Stop". This would give the a independent stop for the hose valve.

add-a-tee.jpg

dahl-511-41-31-3.jpg

511-41-31-3.jpg

Tughillrzr

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hey all,

The 1/2 copper has shut off with 3/8 compression that navigates through the filter to the faucet. I would like 1/2 flow to the water hose spigot and 3/8 to the filter/faucet. I'm thinking both should have a shut off but am open to other recommendations. The water hose pipe has to rise 5" vertically and 50" horizontal from current shutoff, through a concrete block wall with plywood sheathing and vinyl siding. I'm interested in connection methods other than sweating copper pipe (I've never done it). Open to being schooled.

Thanks,

Rick

no mention of a softener ? It is before inline fixture filter so that’s good.
Construction of floor ? slab /crawlspace ?
sounds like slab and block wall.
So if no other way use add a tee fitting like above .

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks