Tankless water heater with tank

Users who are viewing this thread

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
You need a check valve on your return line as well. You'll need balancing valves on each half of the return line coming from the fixtures.

Joe0735

Reaction score
Thanks, again. As far as the hot and cold fluctuations in the downstairs shower go, I am going to assume the problem is the balancing or mixing valve in the fixture. I have a kitchen faucet and an upstairs bath, both of which have balancing valves, and I am not experiencing the problem I am having in the downstairs shower.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thanks, again. As far as the hot and cold fluctuations in the downstairs shower go, I am going to assume the problem is the balancing or mixing valve in the fixture. I have a kitchen faucet and an upstairs bath, both of which have balancing valves, and I am not experiencing the problem I am having in the downstairs shower.
I don't know what you mean by balancing valve. You have a two handle shower valve with an exterior pressure balancing valve? Or a one handle shower valve with internal pressure balancing valve? Usually there is a mixing chamber in a valve as opposed to an external mixing valve.

Joe0735

Reaction score
It is actually a Kohler, not a Bosch. Sorry. The pressure balancing valve is a plastic riveted unit with two dime-sized holes (part# GP500520). It installs inside of a recessThe mixing valve (handle. Part# GP77759) mounts on the outside if this. The two compress together during installation ans seal with o-rings.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks