Tankless Water heater problem

Users who are viewing this thread

crosby1

Reaction score
Hoping I can get some opinions on this problem. We did a major house renovation last year and went with a Navien tankless heater with a recirculation pump.

The house is ranch style, the unit is in the garage. The closet sink to the unit is a 1/2 bathroom, then kitchen, then guest bathroom, then master bath.

All the sinks in the house with the exception of the kitchen get very hot water within seconds. The kitchen sink (about 25' from the unit in the garage) is sometimes hot quickly, but most times takes upwards of a few minutes before hot water is at an acceptable level. This doesn't happen with any other sink in the house. The faucet in the kitchen is a kohler model k-24662

I'm having trouble understanding why this would be and if anything can be done about it. Is it possible that the plumber didn't include the kitchen sink on the recirculating pump circuit? Or something else?

Thank you for any insight.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
The time for any fixture to get hot should be based on how much pipe length off the recirculating loop, assuming that the recirc pump has exercised recently,
It is not unusual to have poor/stupid design where your kitchen is 20 ft. off the recirculation loop.

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
Many current recirc's have a built in timer that detect periods of heaviest use, this may be the problem, you might be using the kitchen at periods the recirc's not cycling.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks