Tankless water heater ... dedicated to washing machine

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by mikebuild, Jul 11, 2015.

1. mikebuild

mikebuild New Member

I need to suppy hot water to a top loading clothes washer, temporarily. I would like to use an electric tankless water heater. Typical gpm for a washing machine seems to be 2.0 . Temperature rise would be about 70 degrees or so, 50ish to 120? My problem is capacity at the panel, most water heaters of this size require 70 or more amps, I only have 30 left out of the 200 total.

My idea ... use a smaller heater and turn the water supply valve (to the washer) down so as to slow the output flow, from the heater, thereby keeping the temp up where it needs to be ... what do you think?

Thanks.

2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

A 200 amp panel can handle breakers that add up to well more than 200 amps.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    I've been washing mine in cold lately and can't tell a difference. I'm using liquid Tide, and not very much.