Tank location and Pressure setup on the Switch

Users who are viewing this thread

Rob Krenik

Reaction score
I'm having a well dug this week in the pacific NW and expect to hit water around 75-125'. I was thinking of using a 1 HP submersible pump at 20 gal/min flow. The max pressure out of the pump is 50psi and the outlet diameter is 1 1/4". I have dug a 36" trench from the well to my home 700' away (flat-horizontally). I plan to install 1 1/4" poly pipe the entire distance. I plan to install a 44 gal tank & pressure switch (40/60) at the home. The bladder tank pressure is preset at 38psi, but is adjustable. There is no power at the well. I plan to run buried cable wires in the trench from the temp power/pressure switch (at the home) back to the pump 230V/9.6A (6/2) allowing for 3% voltage loss over the 700'. I just want to make sure i'm going to have enough flow and pressure at the house. Also because of the drop in pressure out of the pump from 50psi to 30psi into the tank, should i get a bigger tank so the pump is not running a lot? Would a circulating pump mid-way (350') help with the flow?

Thank you for your responses. Rob

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks