Sump pump discharge outside house gurgles at pump start

Users who are viewing this thread

Patrick Gitzlaff

Reaction score
Hello everyone--New poster here. With a spring storms in Wisconsin recently our sump pump has had to run pretty often which isnt a problem as I put in a new sump pump last fall. When the pump starts up I can hear a gurgle on the discharge pipe on the exterior of our house. I added two pieces onto the pipe so that it actually empties in to the underground drain pipe. Previously only have the water went into the pipe and the other half emptied on the ground by the foundation. I'm not sure if having the extra curved pieces has caused some kind of air bubble or something that causes the noise.

I can't hear anything from in the basement where the pump is. Check valve is new as well so I wouldn't think that is it. Again it only sounds like it gurgles when the pump turns on and water starts coming out.

This picture is what it looked like last year.

old.jpg

This is what it looks like now for reference.

current.jpg

Any ideas on how to solve this? Its more so just a noise issue as its right outside my youngest sons room so it can keep him up if the pump runs a lot.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks