Suggestions for small lawn strip irrigation

Users who are viewing this thread

Eweneek1

Reaction score
Have a lawn strip separated by a five foot cement walkway. The width is 5 feet, and the length on the left side of walkway is 15 feet, and the right side 20 feet. So the lawn area is 5 feet by 35 feet. Have dug a trench in the center the complete length and under walkway. So the trench is about 40 feet long. The water pressure is about 30PSI for this zone. Having trouble deciding on how best to irrigate. Will the Hunter MP strips work here? Both Toro and Rainbird strip nozzles only do a 4 foot width. Maybe I should just use 5 foot fixed sprays. If so, would triangular spacing work?

Could extend the right side from 20 feet to maximum of 22 feet.

Eweneek1

Reaction score
Suggestion for small lawn strip irrigation

If I used the Rainbird nozzles, could use 2 15ESTs on the left, and 2 9SSTs on the right reduced down to 5 x 10 on the right if they reduce down that much.

Upper

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I would still use one in the middle for double coverage and cut the minutes....Upper

tomm

Reaction score
Hunter has spray head strip nozzle's (not the mprotator strips) that do 5'.

Eweneek1

Reaction score
Think I would need to use to many heads with the 5' fixed sprays.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks