Submersible Pump Pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Ufengineer

Reaction score
My well is located inside my 14x16 foot shed about 3 feet from the exterior wall. I currently have two 1.25" galvanized pipe in the well. I believe 60 feet deep. The pipe is in 5 foot sections because there is no hole in the shed roof. I was going to try to reuse the galvanized pipe but have concerns about galvanic corrosion between the stainless pump and pipe.
My options are:
-put in a 5 foot section or fitting of sch80 pvc then galvanized pipe the rest of the way
-put in 5 foot sections of sch80 or cut a hole in the roof and use 20 foot sections
-Use 160 psi rated poly

Am I missing any other option.

I'm thinking that I'll need about 70 feet of pipe. Water table is 40 feet down

Which do you consider the best option for longevity and easy of upkeep.

Midriller

Reaction score
What size well?? If it is 4" Make sure to use a 3" (grundfos/strom) or narrow body submersible pump if going in on poly or PVC. Always use a torque arrestor as close to the pump as possible, buy good quality brass barb fittings and double clamp. You may also consider having a helper to help keep it from kinking. Otherwise Poly works great, I used to set alot of pumps in MN in basements on Poly cause someone built there house on top of a well

Daniel Siebenaler
A+ Well Services
Galesburg, MI 49053
(269) 350-4331

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks