Submersible pump in lake, where to put pressure tank

Users who are viewing this thread

gieni8

Reaction score
I’m going to be installing a 3/4 hour submersible in a lake. I have a pump shed down at the water that used to house the old jet pump and pressure tank. The shed has power, and can be heated, but through the winter is expensive. The house is 70 ft uphill from the lake. Ideally I’d run a new wire from house all the way down to the pump, and then I could have the control box, pressure switch and pressure tank all in the mechanical room of the house, but digging a new electrical line down the hill is very very difficult. Can I instead have the pump control box and pressure switch in the shed beside the sub panel, but then put the pressure tank up in the house so that I don’t have to heat the shed. The water line has a heat trace in it from the house down to the water.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Nope. The pressure tank and pressure switch need to be close together. They can both me at the well house or in the main house, but they need to stay together. Doesn't your power come from the main house to the well house already? If so, you just need to put the pressure switch in that line before it leaves the house. Also, If you use a PK1A instead of a large pressure tank it will fit in a much smaller space and require less heat. The CSV would also deliver constant pressure at the house, which would be stronger than any city water system. And the CSV makes the pump last much longer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks