Submersible pump help!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Matt10

Reaction score
I have a Oase Nautilus 60 pump about 20 years old. It is in a very specific application. basically since that pump is no longer in existence and a used one seems a long shot I am kind of grasping at straws here. It is making a bad noise (Bering). When I opened it up I found a grundfos water motor. My problem is I can't see how to get into the bering if that is even possible. The back end seems to be sealed except for a stainless steel plug to add water. The front end with the impeller has to be the way in maybe. Behind the impeller is a metal plate a rubber gasket between another metal plate. All I can think is these are glued together and if pried apart the rotor and bearings would come out. Any ones thoughts on the issue would be greatly appreciated.. Also A long shot but maybe that grundfos motor was used in other applications but how to find out Thanks Matt

pump motor 4.jpg
pump motor3.jpg
pump motor.jpg pump motor1.jpg pump motor2.jpg pump motor3.jpg pump motor 4.jpg rings would come out. Any ones thoughts on the issue would be greatly appreciated.. Also A long shot but maybe that grundfos motor was used in other applications but how to find out Thanks Matt

Matt10

Reaction score
Impeller has got to be screwed to the shaft somehow.

There is a weird looking "nut' on the impeller. On the back of the shaft there is a slot that I could probably use to hold the shaft while I turn the impeller. right or left? against it's rotation ?

Matt10

Reaction score
Do you think it could be just threaded to the shaft?

Matt10

Reaction score
The slot on the back of the shaft is about 1/16 wide by 1/8 long but is kind of rounded on all side and isn't very conducive to my being able to keep the shaft from turning. I tried customizing a screwdriver blade but to no avail. Also I took a good look in behind the impeller and even if I were to remove it I see nothing that would allow me access to the inside? Any Thoughts! Thanks

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Usually there are some "flats" on the other end of the shaft you can get a wrench or cresent on. There should only be a mechanical seal behind that impeller.

Matt10

Reaction score
First Thanks for the advice. In actuality this pump owes me nothing it ran for over 15 years non stop. Had it not been for my mistake that allowed it to get clogged it may still be running. I can understand why, as this little grundfos water motor weighs almost 6lbs. quite a solid little item if I could replace it with any other pump I would.
That being said I am beginning to think this motor is pressed together and not at all serviceable. If you look at these two pictures of the back the end of the rotor is basically inaccessible even if there were flat spots. I don't see any way to hold it from turning while I try to remove the impeller. If I finally give up and there is no hope I will attempt to press it out or pry those two plates that I think my be glued together. " If it's already f'ed there is nothing to lose!!

Attachments

• pump rear.jpg
    pump rear.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 133
  • pump rear2.jpg
    pump rear2.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 132
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks