Studor recessed box - correct solvent?

Users who are viewing this thread

Stereo

Reaction score
I'll be using a Studor recessed box to mount an AAV to ABS pipe inside a wall. The directions say the box can be connected to either PVC or ABS using the "appropriate" solvent. Since the box is white plastic, I I am doubting that I can use ABS solvent. I called IPC who makes the valve box and the plumbing rep didn't know. He referred me to their solvent tech who needed to know what the box was made of. None of the spec sheets specify this. Does anyone on the forum know definitively what solvent I should use?

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would venture a guess that most everyone uses just ABS cement.

But we have transition cement available.

1706214526241.png

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
If it's pvc to abs I use primer on the pvc and cleaner on the ABS and then transition glue. We don't use abs in our area so it's not common, but that's what I do in that situation.

I've always assumed that the boxes are pvc and haven't had a failure.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks