Water shutoff -recessed box

Users who are viewing this thread


New Member
Reaction score
Portland, OR
Does anyone know of an off-the shelf plastic recessed box for a plastic recess box (similar to a laundry/washer box) to allow access for inline valves (ball valves) for 2 1/2" pex lines (hot and cold). I'm using this to provide shutoff access to wall-mounted sink faucet. Although not required by code, I would like to have valve access for convenience - from the back side of the bathroom sink - at a closet.

See attached a drawing showing what this box would look like.

I've looked at the usual suspects suppliers like Oatey but they only provide recess box for laudry/washer, dishwasher, fridge supply. I don't see a box specifically for in-line valves.

Thank you!
recess valve box.jpg.jpg

Portland, Oregon
Follwing the 2021 Oregon Plumbing Code based on recent UPC
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks