Strange situation with interior sillcock

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeedle

Reaction score
For some reason, the previous homeowner installed a sillcock on the inside wall of the garage to hook up a hose. The interior sillcock is a sweat connection and the connection is in the plaster wall so not easy to remove without destroying the wall. I would like a sillcock on the outside of the garage and since I don't have any other easily accessible plumbing nearby I was thinking of the following:
- Connect GHT to NTP adapter on interior sillcock
- Connect a NTP to barb adapter for PEX
- Run the PEX to a frost free sillcock on the outside of the house (connection made in the garage about a foot way from interior sillcock)

I know this is a strange setup but wanted to know if there is anything wrong with it with going from sillcock to PEX. I don't care how it looks, just want sillcock on the outside. This basically converts the interior sillcock into a shut off valve which I plan to just leave open and only use the exterior frost free sillcock to turn water on and off.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yes its weird.. Yes it will work. Yes the next homeowner is going to post a photo of it and wonder why it was done that way.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks